Pablee Wong MC, RCC, RMFT, CPT-S
Pablee holds a Masters degree in Counselling.
She is also a:
- Registered Clinical Counsellor of BC (RCC) with BC Association of Clinical Counsellors
- Registered Marriage & Family Therapist (RMFT) with the American Association for Marriage & Family Therapy
- Certified Play Therapist – Supervisor (CPT-S) with The Canadian Association for Child & Play Therapy
Pablee has previously worked in Community Mental Health, Non-profit Agency as well as Private Practice settings. With cross-cultural backgrounds & experiences, she is committed to support clients who are confronted with various challenges in life. Pablee has extensive training and experiences. Her work is influenced by the family system perspective, the attachment theory and the existential approach. She provides evidence-based intervention, as well as family therapy, and couple therapy.
Pablee has received training to support clients in the following areas:
- Children Behavioral & Emotional Problems
- Parenting Support
- Relationship Issues, Inter-Cultural or Cross-cultural relationship challenges
- Anxiety & Depression
- Loss & Grief Issues (Death, Miscarriage/Stillbirth, Medical Diagnosis)
Pablee believes that individuals have significant impact on each other in their relationships & family system. She believes that individuals could become emotionally healthy when given a safe, accepting, and nurturing environment with necessary boundaries.
In the process of counselling, Pablee facilitates her clients in exploring their current challenges, searching for alternatives and utilizing their inner potentials.
When working with children, she adopts a child-centered counselling approach and practices evidence-based intervention. Pablee believes that every parent has the natural capacity to care for their children (Winnicot, 1946, 1966) and she provides support for parents to continue therapy in the home environment. She has received training in helping children through play therapy and expressive therapy techniques.