Joyce Yee MA-MFT, RCC
I believe that everyone has a voice and that their voice matters. I am passionate about creating space where their voice is listened to and valued. It is an honour and privilege to walk alongside people as they navigate times when they may feel pain, confusion, or stuckness. The values I bring into the counselling space are acceptance, an environment where safety can be felt and collaboration with clients to help them learn about how their distress is impacting them, and working together with them in strengthening their sense of themselves and their relationships. In my work with my clients, I also value celebrating triumphs as they work towards being the person they want to be.
Joyce’s clinical approach is through the attachment-based lens of Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT). Joyce has experience in helping clients walk towards a better understanding and acceptance of themselves and others while gently processing with a trauma informed approach using the lens of Internal Family Systems (IFS). Joyce has seen growth and transformation while working collaboratively with her clients every step of the way. Building a therapeutic alliance is of utmost importance to Joyce and this is her commitment to her clients.
Some areas that Joyce works with are:
- Grief and loss
- Relationship difficulties
- Family issues
- Attachment trauma
- Emotional pain
- Victims of crime (CVAP)
Joyce completed her Master of Arts Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy at Trinity Western University and is a Registered Clinical Counsellor with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors.
Additional trainings she has received are:
- Play Therapy: Working with Children and Adolescents – Trinity Western University
- Introduction to Neuroscience and Satir in the Sand Tray – Dr. Madeleine De Little
- Prepare-Enrich Facilitator Training – Trinity Western University
- Externship for Emotionally Focused Therapy – Dr. Sam Jinich
- Neufeld Intensive I: Making Sense of Kids – Neufeld Institute
- Emotion-Focused Family Therapy Core Clinician Training – Dr. Adele Lafrance
She welcomes adults, adolescents, children, couples, and families.